Travel Nurse: Hospice RN
- Assess home care needs, being aware of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects and gather data on social, economic and cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality of life.
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect confidentially and privacy and communicate in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Provide direct care to patients as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care in order to maintain the highest level of comfort and quality of life and assuming primary responsibility for case management.
- Evaluate and perform ongoing assessment and revise initial written plan of care with Interdisciplinary collaboration weekly or as the needs and conditions of the patient/family change.
- Authorize, coordinate and supervise care, as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, with contracted vendors in order to meet the needs of the patient.
- Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status via a variety of mediums of communication (verbal, written, email, computer documents and databases). Document patient care reflecting nursing interventions, patient response to care, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress toward goals. Documentation includes evidence of appropriate patient/significant other teaching, and the understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record. Maintain up-to-date charts and records on patient care and regular communication with the patient’ s physician regarding changes in the patient’ s plan of care.
- Knowledge of and availability to perform patient intakes and information visits as needed including explanation of the hospice benefit/Medicare, complete physical assessment, completion of all pertinent paperwork, and communication of new patient status to the HOV team.
- Provide bereavement resources to the family as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of the agency.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices
- Current Oregon RN License
- Experience with Hospice program, productivity and caseload
- Must have current Hospice experience of at least 2 years-required
- AHA BLS-required
$1330/week non taxable
$1970/week gross pay
$1842/week after taxes
Please contact Samantha at 917-546-7211
Refer a friend for $1000 bonus
Avid hiker, backpacker, kayaker and generally outdoorsy. I love helping people, understanding their passion, and connecting them to what they love doing.
I am a Travel Nurse Recruiter, and every day I get the opportunity to connect amazing nurses to incredible assignments!