Travel Nurse: Home Health and Hospice RN
Day Shift-Immediate Need
• Travels to patient homes and facilities to provide skilled nursing care within the established hospice plan of care. Provides direct patient care including performance of tasks such as taking vitals, performing wound care, IV care, ostomy care, blood draws, injections, and the physical assessment of the overall patient’ s medical condition. Reviews, sets-up, and administers medications as necessary per the established hospice plan of care.
• Conducts patient admissions and discharges as assigned. Ensures patients assessments and reassessments are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Works in collaboration with the hospice team members to assure coordination of care is provided to manage pain and ensure quality end-of-life care. Communicates with other members of the patient’ s care team on the patient’ s condition. Contacts and consults with the hospice team regarding the plan of care. Provides regular updates on the patient’ s condition. Communicates significant changes in patient condition.
• Documents visit notes, treatments, and care. Records and reports symptoms and changes in patient’ s condition. Verifies that physician orders are complete, accurate and cover the care and visits provided. Documents orders in consultation with the physician, advanced practice nurse practitioner, and interdisciplinary team. Ensures required visits are completed in a timely manner.
• Provides information, instruction and education to the patient, patient family members and caregivers in proper care. Verifies that instructions are being followed and carried-out.
• Responds to calls from patients, family members and others and provides appropriate follow-up to address needs, issues, or concerns.
• Assists in assigning and monitoring the work of Hospice Aides and Hospice Licensed Practical Nurses. Monitors and reviews the provision of care provided by the Hospice Aides and Hospice Licensed Practical Nurses and communicates concerns to the RN Case Manager and Patient Care Manager. Provides instruction and training as necessary.
• Responsible for attending to patient after death or discharge. Ensures the death or discharge summary is complete and accurate. For discharge, coordinates the transfer of patients to external agencies in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Completes and submits timesheets or time logs to supervisor on a timely basis which accurately document hours, mileage, travel and other reimbursable and non-reimbursable time worked.
• Attends safety training sessions and ensures for compliance with safety rules and procedures. Identifies and notifies the Patient Care Manager and Safety Committee of potential safety hazards. Reports any work-related accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Complies with the procedures for documenting and submitting leave and light duty time.
• Attends and participates in mandatory meetings, in-services, and conferences.
• Provides backup to home care patient home visits.
• Assists with audits as requested.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices
- Current Wisconsin RN License or Compact RN License
- Minimum 2 years experience as Home Health and Hospice RN
- Weekend/Holiday rotation
- On Call-weekdays
$1043/week non taxable
$1843/week gross pay
Please contact Samantha at 917-546-7211
Refer a friend bonus $1000
Avid hiker, backpacker, kayaker and generally outdoorsy. I love helping people, understanding their passion, and connecting them to what they love doing.
I am a Travel Nurse Recruiter, and every day I get the opportunity to connect amazing nurses to incredible assignments!