Travel Nursing: Correctional Facility RN
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psycho-social changes in the patient’ s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’ s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Provide input to facility administrator regarding treatment response and progress reports on inmates/patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’ s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Ensure that complete, accurate, and timely entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’ s Bill of Rights; and nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- 1 year of recent Med/Surg or Psych RN experience
- New York RN License
- Must be available for Night Shift
$1043/week non taxable
$1763/week gross pay
$1619/week after taxes
Please contact Samantha at 917-546-7211
Refer a friend for $1000 bonus
Avid hiker, backpacker, kayaker and generally outdoorsy. I love helping people, understanding their passion, and connecting them to what they love doing.
I am a Travel Nurse Recruiter, and every day I get the opportunity to connect amazing nurses to incredible assignments!