Central Processing Technician
633 3rd Ave, 5th Floor New York City, NY 10017
Tact Medical Staffing is looking for a passionate Central Processing Technician for a prestigious facility in the heart of New York City.
Job overview and requirements:
- Evening (3 pm - 11 pm) and overnight (11 pm - 7 am) shift
- 35 hours/week
- CentralProcessing Certification (required)
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent education.
- At leasttwo years of relevant experience (preferred).
- Ability toread, write, and understand basic instructions
- Checkdecontamination equipment for proper function. Operate equipment according toDepartmental and manufacturer guidelines.
- Inspectand prepare surgical instruments for cleaning and decontamination.
- Decontaminatesurgical instruments, rigid scopes and equipment.
- Receive, tag, and process non bar-coded instruments from clinical areas and patientfloors
- Clean anddisinfect patient care equipment and build all basic instrument sets. Assembleall complex/specialty sets once trained.
- Demonstratea working knowledge in the assembly and preparation of instrument sets for theappropriate method of sterilization.
- Utilizethe instrument management system to accurately document the distribution oftrays and individual instruments during the case cart assembly and distributionprocess.
- Assemblecase carts in sequence of the surgical schedule in accordance with Pick List.
- Placeitems in case carts to ensure easy access, visible label and to support goodergonomics.
- Ready totake action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with asense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Consistentlycompleting tasks in an efficient manner and achieving results, even under toughcircumstances.
- A gooddecision-maker successful at making timely decisions that keep the organizationmoving forward.
- Adept atbuilding partnerships and working collaboratively with a diverse group ofpeople to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable oflifting 50 lbs and pushing and pulling carts containing up to 200 lbs ofmaterial
- Familiarwith handling hazardous chemicals and able to stand for extended periods oftime while working in area with high temperatures
Please contact Juni Rojas at 917-546-7099 or jrojas(at)tactstaff(dot)com, or apply within for immediate consideration.