Cardiac Cath Lab RN
Travel Nurse: Cardiac Cath Lab RN
- Provides direct patient care before, during and after procedure.
- Assists the physician with adult and pediatric cardiac catheterizations including but not limited to the following procedures and techniques: myocardial biopsy, transluminal coronary angioplasty and stenting, rotational atherectomy, temporary pacemaker insertion, pericardiocentesis, Swan-Ganz catheter insertion, cardiac assist device insertion, percutaneous valvuloplasty, percutaneous valve implantation, ASD/PFO closure, peripheral vascular diagnostic/interventional procedures.
- Practice of sterile technique preparing for procedure including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and setup of instrument table.
- Records, monitors and assesses hemodynamic data collected during catheterizations.
- Completes all patient records accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with patients throughout procedure.
- Continuously monitors patient' s physiologic and psychological status throughout procedure (i.e. vital signs, cardiac rhythm, pain/discomfort, anxiety, etc.) and responds appropriately.
- Initiates and maintains IV access.
- Administers all ordered medications, intravenous drips and emergency medications before, during and after procedure.
- Operates specialized equipment used in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (CCL) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responds appropriately to all emergency situations within the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Initiates life support techniques in the event of a cardiac/respiratory arrest including CPR, drug administration, defibrillation, temporary pacemaker insertion, intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and airway management.
- Assesses patient for complications related to medications or procedures and responds appropriately.
- Discontinues arterial and/or venous access safely through use of manual compression or available compression devices.
- Assists physician with use of invasive closure devices.
- Gives/receives phone/verbal report on all patients.
- Transports patients as necessary.
- Restocks and prepares catheterization laboratory between procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices
- Pennsylvania RN License
- Minimum 2 years of current cardiac experience
- On Call required
$2123/week gross pay
Please contact Samantha at 917-546-7211
Refer a friend bonus $1000
Avid hiker, backpacker, kayaker and generally outdoorsy. I love helping people, understanding their passion, and connecting them to what they love doing.
I am a Travel Nurse Recruiter, and every day I get the opportunity to connect amazing nurses to incredible assignments!