Behavioral Health-Psych RN
Travel RN: Behavioral Health-Psych
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options.
- Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients.
- Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Test for vital signs of pain and ensures treatments of pain.
- Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows physician’ s written orders.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
- Performs administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing progress notes in the computer system.
- Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by personally responding to requests for service or making appropriate referral.
- Comply with laws, rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices
- 2 years Psych RN/Substance Abuse Unit experience
- Maine RN License
- CPI required
- Must be available for Night Shift
$1043/week non taxable
$1583/week gross pay
$1448/week after taxes
Please contact Samantha at 917-546-7211
Refer a friend for $1000 bonus
Avid hiker, backpacker, kayaker and generally outdoorsy. I love helping people, understanding their passion, and connecting them to what they love doing.
I am a Travel Nurse Recruiter, and every day I get the opportunity to connect amazing nurses to incredible assignments!